Secretary General and Deputy Secretaries General
Srdjan Smiljanic, Bachelor of Laws
Contact telephone: 011/3026-163; 3026-243
The Secretary General of the National Assembly is appointed by the National Assembly, acting on the proposal of the Speaker of the National Assembly.
The Secretary General assists the National Assembly Speaker and Deputy Speakers in preparing the sittings, sees to the implementation of decisions and conclusions of the National Assembly, manages the National Assembly Support Service and performs other duties stipulated by the law and the Rules of Procedure.
The Secretary General is accountable for his/her work to the National Assembly and the National Assembly Speaker.The term of office of the Secretary General is terminated on the day of the appointment of a Secretary General of a new the National Assembly convocation, by resignation or dismissal.
Secretary General of the National Assembly
Date of Birth
16 May 1979
Place of residence
Bachelor of Laws
- Graduated from the Faculty of Law of the University of Belgrade in 2005;
- MBA – Master of Business and Administration 2012/2013, Carlos III state university, Madrid, Spain – financial and business economy, international business, strategic and operational management, human resource management and marketing strategy, market analysis and supplier management, management accounting, by recommendation of professor from the Faculty of Law of the University of Belgrade and employer;
- Finished elementary and grammar school in Belgrade.
- Deputy Secretary General of the National Assembly since May 2014;
- Member of the Republic Electoral Commission May 2014 – November 2015;
- Secretary of the Republic Electoral Commission since November 2015;
- Member of the City Electoral Commission since December 2017;
- National Project Director – UNDP Project “Strengthening the Oversight Role and Transparency of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia” May 2014 – September 2015;
- Employed by Raiffeisen Bank a.d. Belgrade until May 2014 at the legal affairs sector – Department of legal affairs concerning the economy as senior associate for legal affairs concerning the economy - drafting contracts and decisions of the Bank from the scope of transactions with the economy, providing legal opinion relating to direct application of regulations, application of acts in courts and other authorities, as well as representing the Bank before courts and other authorities;
- November 2005 – August 2011 employed as legal advisor at Point Group on financial and legal consulting, capital increase consulting and trade in securities, takeover of shareholders’ capital, sale of shares and buyout of claims;
- September 1998 – January 2003 worked at Mobtel Serbia (Telenor Serbia) in the legal sector and in BK Telecom from March 1997 to June 1998 on telecommunication/market research tasks.
- English and Spanish
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Passed the professional state civil service exam.
Deputy Secretary General:
Contact telephone: 011/3026-100
The Secretary General of the National Assembly has a deputy who assists him/her in the work and substitutes him/her in case of absence or inability to work.
The Deputy Secretary General is appointed by the National Assembly upon proposal of the Secretary General with the approval of the Speaker of the National Assembly.
The number of Deputies of the Secretary General is stipulated by the Rules of Procedure.
A Deputy Secretary General is accountable for his/her work to the National Assembly, the Speaker of the National Assembly and the Secretary General.
The term of office the Deputy Secretary General is terminated on the day of the appointment of a Deputy Secretary General of the new National Assembly convocation, by resignation or dismissal.
Deputy Secretary General of the National Assembly
Date of Birth
2 October 1980
Place of residence
Bachelor of Laws
- Diplomatic Academy – Ministry of Foreign Affairs – basic diplomatic training programme;
- Graduated at the Nis Faculty of Law;
- Completed graduate studies at the Faculty of Electronic Engineering in Nis earning the title of electrical engineer for computer science and information technology;
- Commenced Grammar School in Surdulica, graduated in Winnfield, Louisiana, USA, as part of the international programme Pacific intercultural exchange as valedictorian and awarded a Certificate as one of the best attendees.
- Provided free legal assistance – OSCE Programme of the Nis Chamber of Lawyers and Nis Faculty of Law “Legal clinic” May 2009 – November 2009 and was recommended for further engagement by the Nis Faculty of Law and Nis Chamber of Lawyers;
- One of the winners of the Moot Court competition – European Human Rights Court trial simulation in Strasbourg, 2011 – excellent knowledge of international human rights law and international procedural law;
- Intern at law office 2011-1012;
- Intern – junior officer at the Committee on the Judiciary, Public Administration and Local Self-Governmentof the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia 2012-2013;
- Junior officer at the Committee on the Judiciary, Public Administration and Local Self-Governmentof the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia 2013-2014;
- Counsellor at the National Assembly Secretariat General 2014 –
- Deputy Secretary of the Republic Electoral Commission since August 2016.
At the National Assembly Service, in addition to his regular duties:
- National Assembly’s contact person at the Ministry of Justice Working Group for the implementation of the National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2013-2018;
- Counsellor at the Serbian National Branchof the Global Organization of Parliamentarians Against Corruption;
- Counsellor at the National Assembly’s Commission for the Control of Execution of Criminal Sanctions;
- Chief of the National Assembly website editorial board;
- Member of the editorial board of National Assembly’s newsletter “Quorum”;
- Member of the editorial board of “Infobil” - newsletter for National Assembly staff;
- Certified internal instructor for e-Parliament system training and use.
- Active knowledge of English, passive knowledge of French, good knowledge of Bulgarian.
9.00 - National Assembly Deputy Speaker Djordje Milicevic meets with the Vice-Chairperson of the Russian Federation Youth Parliament under the State Duma (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 3)