In cooperation with the United Nations Children’s Fund, the Working Group for Children’s Rights was established on March 6, 2009 at the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia. The task of the Group is to improve and develop a system of protection, rights, and status of children, to control the implementation of laws and other acts that regulate this area, to harmonize the national legislature with international standards, and to establish cooperation with national institutions, international organizations, and social groups.
Cooperation with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) includes cooperation with Assembly committees with aim to reduce poverty in Serbia, initiate public hearings as institutions of parliamentary practice, and organize seminars and study tours on the topic of reduction of poverty.
- On 12 October 2021, National Assembly Speaker Ivica Dacic met with the President of the UN General Assembly Abdulla Shahid at the National Assembly House. The meeting was attended by the National Assembly Deputy Speakers Dr Vladimir Orlic and Elvira Kovacs, Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Prof. Dr Zarko Obradovic and Sandra Bozic, who presented the activities of the Women's Parliamentary Network which she heads.
- MP Tijana Davidovac, member of the standing delegation of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean, took part in the 14th UN Congress on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice on 12 March 2021. Davidovac addressed the Congress on behalf of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean.
- On 23 february 2021, SDGs Focus Group Coordinator Dr Milorad Mijatovic had a video call with former Danish MP and Minister of Environment Kirsten Brosbol, founder of the organisation Parliamentarians for the Global Goals. On the occasion, the Focus Group was invited to join the global network of parliamentarians dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, boasting over 70 MPs from 36 countries and five regions of the world. The network is a global platform for the exchange of information and best parliamentary practice concerning the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Dr Milorad Mijatovic, member of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU), took part in the meeting of the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development in the United Nations Headquarters in New York on 18 July 2019. The topic of the meeting was "Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality". 47 UN member states presented their regular voluntary reviews of the 2030 Agenda, including for the first time, Serbia.
- MP Olena Papuga, member of the Committee on Human and Minority Rights and Gender Equality, took part in the seminar on “Parliamentary engagement on human rights: identifying good practices and new opportunities for action” in the Palace of Nations in Geneva, 24 - 26 June 2019, organized by the Inter-Parliamentary Union in collaboration with the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights.
- Prof. Dr Snezana Bogosavljevic Boskovic, member of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Union, took part in the Sixth Session of the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction in Geneva, 13 – 17 May 2019, organized by UNDRR and hosted by the Swiss Government.
- MPs Elvira Kovacs and Biljana Pantic Pilja, members of the National Assembly’s standing to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, took part in the 63rd session of the Commission on the Status of Women with the topic “Sexism, harassment and violence against women parliamentarians” on 12 March 2019 in New York. The Council of Europe, Inter-Parliamentary Union and Finland’s Permanent Mission to the UN organized the event as part of the Finnish Presidency of the Council of Europe, to take stock of ongoing legal and policy initiatives to end violence against women in politics.
- MP Stefana Miladinovic was part of the Serbian delegation to the 72nd session of the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women on 28 February 2019 in Geneva, dedicated to the fourth periodic report on the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW).
- National Assembly Deputy Speaker Veroljub Arsic met on 13 february 2019, at the National Assembly House, with Najat Maalla M’jid, UN Special Rapporteur on the sale of children and member of the Moroccan National Human Rights Council, visiting Serbia on the eve of the drafting of the National Plan for Children in the Republic of Serbia.
- A delegation of the National Assembly headed by MPs Dubravka Filipovski and including Milan Lapcevic took part in the Parliamentary Workshop organized under the auspices of World Investment Forum 2018, held 22 - 26 October in the UN Office, Geneva.
- Dr Milorad Mijatovic, member of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Union, took part in the UN Parliamentary Hearing on 22 - 23 February 2018 with the topic “Toward a global compact for safe, orderly and regular migration: A parliamentary perspective”.
- Miloš Aligrudić, member of the Standing Delegation of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia in the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe and member of the Sub-Committee for Foreign Affairs of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, participated at the meeting of the Sub-Committee for Foreign Affairs of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe organized to mark the 65th session of the Assembly General of United Nations, and at the Parliamentary Hearing of Inter-Parliamentary Union held from November 30 until December 6 in New York.
- Delegation of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia headed by Dr Oliver Dulić, Speaker of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia, participated at the Annual Parliamentary Hearing organized by UN/IPU in United Nations on November 18-23, 2007in New York.
10.00 - sitting of the Committee on Kosovo-Metohija (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 2)
11.00 - sitting of the Committee on Human and Minority Rights and Gender Equality (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Small Hall)
16.30 - National Assembly Speaker Ivica Dacic meets with Inter-Party Dialogue co-facilitators (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 1)