Activities in the area of regional cooperation
The South-East European Cooperation Process (SEECP) was launched in 1996 with a view to transforming South East Europe into the region of stability, security and cooperation in line with European Integration course, and through promotion of mutual dialogue and cooperation at all levels and in the areas of common interest. Twelve countries participate in the work of SEECP as full members: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Greece, Croatia, North Macedonia, Moldova, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey. The Republic of Serbia joined the SEECP activities in full capacity at the Skopje Summit held in October 2000. The founding document of the SEECP is the Charter of Good Neighbourly Relations, Stability, Security and Cooperation, signed in Bucharest in 2000.
The SEECP Parliamentary Dimension was launched at the Conference of Speakers of Parliament in Athens, 15-16 October 1997, when when a need arose for more intensive cooperation between parliaments, as a logical sequence of the already established cooperation at the governmental/ministerial level. Before establishing the Parliamentary Assembly, the SEECP Parliamentary Dimension had been taking place at the level of meetings of national coordinators, Working Group for promotion of the SEECP Parliament Dimension, annual Conference of Speakers of Parliament of the SEECP participating states, as well as international conferences on topics of interest for the SEE region.
Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) based in Sarajevo
The European Integration Committee has a developed cooperation with the Regional Cooperation Council, based in Sarajevo, in the framework of various projects which imply the preparation of administrative capacities for the Republic of Serbia’s EU membership. In the previous period, the cooperation has mostly taken place through logistic support of the Regional Cooperation Council to the Chairmanship-in-Office of the South East European Cooperation Process.
Conference of the European Integration/Affairs Committees of States Participating in the Stabilisation and Association Process of South-East Europe (COSAP)
- The 15th Conference, 2019 in Belgrade,
- The 14th Conference, 2018 in Podgorica,
- The 13th Conference, 2018 in Skopje,
- The 12th Conference, 2016 in Sarajevo,
- The 11th Conference, 2015 in Tirana,
- The 10th Conference, 2015 in Belgrade,
- The 9th Conference, 2014 in Bečići,
- The 8th Conference, 2013 in Skopje,
- The 7th Conference, 2013 in Sarajevo,
- The 6th Conference, 2012 in Tirana,
- The 5ft Conference, 2009 in Belgrade,
- The 4th Conference, 2009 in Cetinje,
- The 3rd Conference, 2006 in Skopje,
- The 2nd Conference, 2006 in Zagreb,
- The 1st Conference, 2005 in Sarajevo.