National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia / National Assembly / Composition / Delegations
Delegation in the NATO Parliamentary Assembly
Two sessions are held each year - in the Spring and Autumn (‘Annual’) - in different countries. The Committees and Sub-Committees produce reports, which are discussed in draft form at the Assembly’s Spring Session. The reports are then revised and updated for discussion, amendment and adoption at the Assembly’s Annual Session in the Autumn. At the Annual Session, the Committees also produce policy recommendations - which are voted on by the full Assembly and forwarded to the North Atlantic Council.
As well as meetings during Sessions, the Committees and Sub Committees meet several times a year in member and associate nations where they receive briefings from leading government and parliamentary representatives, as well as senior academics and experts.
Our country has been an associate member since 2007.
For additional information about the organization see: www.nato-pa.int
- The Head of the standing delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly Dragan Sormaz held a virtual meeting with the Head of the delegation of the Ukrainian Verkhovna Rada to NATO PA Yehor Cherniev, 10 June 2022.
- The Head of the standing delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly Dragan Sormaz and standing delegation members Snezana Paunovic and Sandra Jokovic took part in visit of the NATO PA Economics and Security Committee (Sub-Committee on Transition and Development), 7 – 9 June 2022.
- The standing delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, headed by Dragan Sormaz and comprising standing delegation members Snezana Paunovic and Prof. Dr Zoran Dragisic, took part in the organisation’s spring session on 27-30 May 2022, in Vilnius, Lithuania.
- The National Assembly hosted the 101st Rose-Roth Seminar of the NATO Parliamentary Assembly “Euro-Atlantic integration, Partnership for Peace, and the way forward on remaining challenges in the Western Balkans”, 15 – 17 November 2021, in Belgrade. The National Assembly delegation was headed by Dragan Sormaz, who also hosted the seminar.
- The Head National Assembly standing delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly Dragan Sormaz took part in the NATO PA 67th Annual Session on 8-11 October 2021, in Lisbon.
- On 17 May 2021, the standing delegation of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly, headed by Dragan Sormaz and comprising Snezana Paunovic, Andrijana Avramov and Sandra Jokic, took part in the organisation’s spring session plenary.
- The Head of the National Assembly standing delegation to the NATO PA Dragan Sormaz and the delegation members took part in the virtual meeting of the Sub-Committee on Technological Trends and Security, on 31 March 2021.
- On 24 February 2021, Dragan Sormaz and Danijela Vujicic, members of the National Assembly delegation to NATO PA, as well as MPs Prof. Dr Zarko Obradovic, Natasa Mihailovic Vacic, Sandra Jokovic and Predrag Rajic, took part in a virtual meeting hosted by the US Mission to NATO (USNATO). The objective of these meetings is to brief and improve Serbia's partnership with NATO.
- The Head of the National Assembly delegation to the NATO Parliamentary Assembly Dragan Sormaz, and delegation members Snezana Paunovic and Branimir Jovanovic, took part in the online NATO Orientation Programme on 14 January 2021.
- MP Dragan Sormaz, Head of the standing delegation to NATO PA, took part in the NATO PA 66th Annual Session, 18-23 November 2020, virtual session formally hosted by Greece.
- MP Dragan Sormaz, Head of the standing delegation to NATO PA, took part in the Rose-Roth webinar entitled “Euro-Atlantic Integration in the Western Balkans: What Next?” on 12 November 2020.
- MP Dragan Sormaz, Head of the standing delegation to NATO PA, took part in the NATO PA virtual meeting on 26 October 2020, where the participants had the opportunity to exchange opinions on current issues with the NATO Deputy Secretary General Mircea Geoana.
List of MPs
|MP's full name||Political Party at whose proposal the MP was elected||Hometown||Age|