Delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly of Orthodoxy
This is an inter-parliamentary body established in 1993 at the initiative of the Greek Parliament, with aim to notice and evaluate changes that are occurring in Europe; to improve and strengthen the role of Orthodoxy as an important political, cultural, and spiritual entity; to help overcome extreme national and cultural differences; to protect national and religious minorities; and to strengthen the multilateral cooperation at the parliamentary level as well as cooperation and exchange of experiences among the parliaments and parliamentarians.
The General Assembly convenes once per year, in June.
Our country has been a full member since 1995.
The composition of the delegation can be downloaded from the appropriate Internet page.
For additional information about the organization see: www.eiao.org
- MP Aleksandar Cotric, Head of the standing delegation of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia to the Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy (IAO), took part in the international conference on “World War II - Christian standpoint: 70 years on”, on 8 October 2015, in Dusseldorf.
- The Head of the National Assembly’s delegation to IAO Aleksandar Cotric took part in the meeting of the IAO International Secretariat in Yerevan, Armenia, on 23 April 2015.
- The National Assembly’s standing delegation to IAO took part in the joint meeting of the IAO Committees on Culture and Education with the topic “Education and Culture; key elements of the Orthodox tradition”, on 6 April in Tbilisi, Georgia. The delegation comprised Aleksandar Cotric, Head of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to IAO and Chairman of the IAO Committee on Culture, and Prof. Dr Mileta Poskurica, National Assembly delegation member and member of the IAO Committee on Education.
- The Head of the National Assembly’s delegation to IAO Aleksandar Cotric took part in the international conference on “Dignity, freedom and human rights: Christian dimension”, in Ljubljana, Republic of Slovenia, 9-12 February 2015.
- The standing delegation of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia to IAO took part in the 21st annual IAO General Assembly, in Moscow, Russian Federation, from 26 to 30 June 2014.The Assembly’s main topic was “Parliamentary democracy – Christianity – Orthodoxy – values and concepts”. In the course of the session, the Head of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to IAO Aleksandar Cotric was elected Chairman of the IAO Culture Committee. The delegation comprised the Head of the delegation Aleksandar Cotric and delegation member Prof. Dr Mileta Poskurica.
- 9th legislature - ACTIVITIES
- 8th legislature - ACTIVITIES
List of MPs
|MP's full name||Political party||Hometown||Age|
11.00 - press conference of the MP Tatjana Macura (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Central Hall)