Birth of a law
What is a public hearing?
The purpose of a public hearing is to provide the committee members and other MPs with necessary information, expert opinions and comments of interested parties on a bill in assembly procedure, the implementation of adopted laws, as well as issues falling within the scope of certain committee.
Choose a quetsion from the Birth of a law
- What is a law?
- Why are laws adopted?
- Which acts regulate the birth of a law?
- Who can propose a law?
- What is a draft law?
- What does a bill look like?
- What are the mandatory elements of the rationale of a bill?
- What are the optional elements of the rationale of a bill?
- To whom is a bill submitted?
- What happens if a bill is not prepared in accordance with the Rules of Procedure?
- When is a bill included in the agenda of National Assmbly session?
- Which National Assembly committees review a bill?
- What is a public hearing?
- What is an amendment?
- Why is an amendment submitted?
- What is a discussion in principle?
- What is a discussion in detail?
- Does the proposer have the right to withdraw a bill from procedure?
- What is the Voting Day?
- How many does the National Assembly make decisions?
- What is urgent procedure?
- What are the specifics of the urgent procedure?
- How is a law promulgated?
- Can the President of the Republic refuse to promulgate a law?
- Who promulgates the law if the President of the Republic neither issues a decree on promulgation nor demands a second vote on the law?
- Is the adopted law published?
- When does a law come into effect?
- Can a law be implemented retroactively?
- Who executes the laws?
- What happens if it is suspected that a law does not comply with the Constitution?
- What happens if the Constitutional Court finds that a law does not comply with the Constitution?
- When does the effect of a law cease?
9.30 - press conference of MP Goran Pekarski (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Central Hall)
10.00 - Voting Day on all the items on the agenda for the First Sitting of the Second Regular Session of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia in 2017 (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square)
13.00 - the Chairman of the Committee on Health and the Family meets with the Director of WHO Serbia (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 2)
13.00 - the members of the PFG with Australia meet with the Australian Ambassador to Serbia (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 3)