Delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly of Orthodoxy
This is an inter-parliamentary body established in 1993 at the initiative of the Greek Parliament, with aim to notice and evaluate changes that are occurring in Europe; to improve and strengthen the role of Orthodoxy as an important political, cultural, and spiritual entity; to help overcome extreme national and cultural differences; to protect national and religious minorities; and to strengthen the multilateral cooperation at the parliamentary level as well as cooperation and exchange of experiences among the parliaments and parliamentarians.
The General Assembly convenes once per year, in June.
Our country has been a full member since 1995.
The composition of the delegation can be downloaded from the appropriate Internet page.
For additional information about the organization see: www.eiao.org
- The Head of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to the Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy Aleksandar Cotric and members of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Mediterranean Tijana Davidovac and Jelena Zaric Kovacevic took part in the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Interparliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy, 25 – 30 June 2018, in Athens. Aleksandar Cotric was elected President of the IAO Human Rights Working Group.
- The Head of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to IAO Aleksandar Cotric and MPs Prof. Dr Ljubisa Stojmirovic and Dr Muamer Zukorlic took part in the of the IAO International Secretariat and Committee Chairpersons and Rapporteurs at the international conference organized by the Lebanese Parliament and the IAO in cooperation with the Arab Inter-Parliamentary Union, on 2-5 April 2018 in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Sochi, Russian Federation, hosted the regular meeting of the International Secretariat and Committee Chairpersons and Rapporteurs of the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy, 22-24 October 2017. The National Assembly was represented by MP Aleksandar Cotric, head of the standing delegation to IAO and the rapporteur of the Committee on Culture.
- Aleksandar Cotric, Head of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy took part as rapporteur of the Committee on Culture, in the meeting of the IAO international secretariat, chairs and rapporteurs on the island of Chios, Greece, 3-6 May 2017.
- 10th legislature - ACTIVITIES
- 9th legislature - ACTIVITIES
- 8th legislature - ACTIVITIES
List of MPs
10.00 - meeting of the Serbian Parliamentary Energy Policy Forum (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Central Hall and hall 2)
11.00 - public hearing on the Bill on Radiation and Nuclear Safety and Security, submitted by MP Maja Gojkovic, organized by the Environmental Protection Committee National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Small Hall)