Delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly of Orthodoxy
This is an inter-parliamentary body established in 1993 at the initiative of the Greek Parliament, with aim to notice and evaluate changes that are occurring in Europe; to improve and strengthen the role of Orthodoxy as an important political, cultural, and spiritual entity; to help overcome extreme national and cultural differences; to protect national and religious minorities; and to strengthen the multilateral cooperation at the parliamentary level as well as cooperation and exchange of experiences among the parliaments and parliamentarians.
The General Assembly convenes once per year, in June.
Our country has been a full member since 1995.
The composition of the delegation can be downloaded from the appropriate Internet page.
For additional information about the organization see: www.eiao.org
- Aleksandar Cotric, Head of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy took part as rapporteur of the Committee on Culture, in the meeting of the IAO international secretariat, chairs and rapporteurs on the island of Chios, Greece, 3-6 May 2017.
- 10th legislature - ACTIVITIES
- 9th legislature - ACTIVITIES
- 8th legislature - ACTIVITIES
List of MPs
– exhibition marking the 110th anniversary of the laying of the cornerstone of the National Assembly House (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square)