Delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly of Orthodoxy
This is an inter-parliamentary body established in 1993 at the initiative of the Greek Parliament, with aim to notice and evaluate changes that are occurring in Europe; to improve and strengthen the role of Orthodoxy as an important political, cultural, and spiritual entity; to help overcome extreme national and cultural differences; to protect national and religious minorities; and to strengthen the multilateral cooperation at the parliamentary level as well as cooperation and exchange of experiences among the parliaments and parliamentarians.
The General Assembly convenes once per year, in June.
Our country has been a full member since 1995.
The composition of the delegation can be downloaded from the appropriate Internet page.
For additional information about the organization see: www.eiao.org
- Sochi, Russian Federation, hosted the regular meeting of the International Secretariat and Committee Chairpersons and Rapporteurs of the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy, 22-24 October 2017. The National Assembly was represented by MP Aleksandar Cotric, head of the standing delegation to IAO and the rapporteur of the Committee on Culture.
- Aleksandar Cotric, Head of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to the Inter-Parliamentary Assembly on Orthodoxy took part as rapporteur of the Committee on Culture, in the meeting of the IAO international secretariat, chairs and rapporteurs on the island of Chios, Greece, 3-6 May 2017.
- 10th legislature - ACTIVITIES
- 9th legislature - ACTIVITIES
- 8th legislature - ACTIVITIES
List of MPs
8.45 - the National Assembly Speaker meets with the IPU President (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 1)
9.00 - member of NARS standing delegation to IPU and coordinator of Sustainable Development Goals Focus Group Prof. Dr Milorad Mijatovic meets with the Deputy Director of the UNDP Regional Bureau for Europe and the CIS (NA House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 2)
9.15 - press conference of the National Assembly Speaker and the IPU President and signing of the visitors’ book (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Central Hall)
9.30 - regional seminar on the Sustainable Development Goals for the Parliaments of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia, organized by the National Assembly and IPU (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Small Hall)
11.00 - press conference of MP Marinika Tepic (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Central Hall)
11.15 - press conference of MP Miljan Damjanovic (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Central Hall)
11.30 - press conference of MP Tomislav Zigmanov (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Central Hall)
11.45 - press conference of MP Bosko Obradovic (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Central Hall)